The Best Mango Salsa
When I say the best mango salsa, I mean it is seriously the best I’ve ever had. You might think “of course you think that, it’s your recipe you clown,” which is fair, but I have made this salsa so many times and I promise you it’s the best. I always preach fresh ingredients go further than expensive or excessive. You don’t anything fancy to make this kick ass salsa– just a few fruits and veggies diced up and tossed with some heat and citrus.
What to Do With Your Left Over Mango Salsa?
You put it on everything. Just kidding. Sort of.. I love making this easy pineapple mango salsa on the weekends because I can use at all week long with other dishes. It goes great with fresh fish, grilled chicken, steak, (you get the idea). It keeps all week long in Tupperware and you can easily toss it on any of those tasty protein options for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Here are a couple easy ideas:
- Sweet and Spicy Salmon topped with your mango salsa
- Chili Lime Steak with your mango salsa
- Blackened Chicken Rice Bowl with your mango salsa
What if I Want it Spicy?
It’s surprisingly easy to screw this up. When you’re using all fresh fruits and veggies, it’s important not to overdo it on the spices. All it really needs is some fresh sea salt. People tend to naturally throw in cayenne or chipotle powder, DON’T DO IT. It will ruin the fresh, bright and vibrant feel of your dish. If you want more spice, add more jalapeno. Mince it as thin as you possibly can and mix it in thoroughly. You’ll get little pieces of that fresh jalapeno in every bite and the dish will be beautifully bright and delicious.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper (diced thin)
- 1 Pineapple (diced thin)
- 1 Ripe Red Mango (diced thin)
- 1 Jalapeno (minced thin)
- ½ Large White Onion (diced thin)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Peel and dice the mango. Add to a mixing/serving bowl.
- Dice the pineapple. (Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Then cut it vertically into 6 equal sections. From there it's easy to dice the smaller pieces)
- Dice the onion and bell pepper. Add everything into the bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.